Hand Sanitizer Stations for Events
Event marketers, marketing agencies, event organizers and planners are utilizing hand sanitizer stations for events to encourage hand hygiene and minimize germ spread.
Hand Sanitizer Stations for Events in 2021 and Beyond
Hand sanitizer stations for events are a staple in the planning and execution of gatherings in 2021 and beyond. As event marketers, agencies, event organizers, planners and other event professionals help slowly bring back the event industry, following safety guidelines and keeping attendees safe is critical.
Let’s face it… 2021 is the year that events make their comeback! Will we see Comic Con and similar large conventions filled with tens of thousands of guests packed into a convention center floor? Not likely. However, reduced capacity events are being executed and as vaccines help reduce Covid transmission events will get larger and make a comeback.
For those managing exhibit spaces, sponsorships, and event logistics, there are many things to consider and implement. Dealing with social distancing, PPE, new event and meeting guidelines and standards, local and state laws, and the ever-changing regulations, is not an easy task.
CDC’s Guiding Principles for Events
- A gathering refers to a planned or spontaneous event, indoors or outdoors, with a small number of people participating or a large number of people in attendance such as a community event or gathering, concert, festival, conference, parade, wedding, or sporting event.
- The more people an individual interacts with at a gathering and the longer that interaction lasts, the higher the potential risk of becoming infected with COVID-19 and COVID-19 spreading.
- The higher the level of community transmission in the area that the gathering is being held, the higher the risk of COVID-19 spreading during a gathering.
- The size of an event or gathering should be determined based on state, local, territorial or tribal safety laws and regulations.
Why Hand Sanitizer Stations for Events are Essential
One important element for event planning is hand sanitizer stations and stands for events. The CDC stresses the importance of hand hygiene at events as follows:
Hand Hygiene and Respiratory Etiquette
- Require frequent employee handwashing (e.g., before, during, and after taking tickets; after touching garbage) with soap and water for at least 20 seconds and increase monitoring to ensure adherence.
- Use hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol and rub their hands until dry.
- Encourage staff to cover the mouth and nose with a tissue when coughing and sneezing. Used tissues should be thrown in the trash and hands washed immediately with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Encourage attendees to wash hands often and cover coughs and sneezes.
- Attendees often exchange handshakes, fist bumps, and high-fives at meetings and sporting events. Display signs (physical and/or electronic) that discourage these actions during the event.
- Ensure you have accessible sinks and enough supplies for people to clean their hands and cover their coughs and sneezes. Supplies include soap, water, a way to dry hands (e.g., paper towels, hand dryer), tissues, hand sanitizer containing at least 60 percent alcohol, disinfectant wipes, masks (as feasible), and no-touch/foot pedal trash cans (preferably covered).
Hand Sanitizer Stations for Events Sponsorships
Another in demand asset as events come back are hand sanitizer stations for event sponsorships. Savvy events, organizers and event venues are utilizing sanitizing stations as a sponsorship asset to differentiate and associate sponsors with the health and well-being of attendees.
These sanitization stations show your staff, exhibitors, sponsors, and attendees that your facility and event is implementing the highest standards for public safety and cleaning practices.
As you can see, hand sanitizer stations for events are here to stay for 2021 and beyond. Our team has over 10+ years experience in the events industry and is excited to play a role in bringing back the excitement of live events, in a safe manner!
Shop Sanitizer Stations, Stands, & Products for Your Event
Swan Sanitizers is based in the USA and offers numerous sanitizer stands, stations, and dispenser related products. Your purchases also help support our Public Schools Donation Program.